- How to Find the Best Vegan Foundation - June 22, 2022
- Best Pink Lipsticks Guide: Which Will Be Your Next Pick? - June 19, 2022
- NYX Butter Gloss Praline Review & Guide - June 19, 2022
The verdict is in — pink is the most popular lipstick color! Why is pink lipstick so popular? It’s a classic lipstick color that looks good on nearly anyone. There are also so many shades of pink lipstick, so you’ll never get bored of wearing this one color. I honestly hate the color pink and yet I think I own more pink lipstick than any other color.
Bottom line up front:
The CoverGirl Continuous Color Lipstick is my main pick. I suggested the shade Rose Quartz though I also love Smoky Rose. Either color will look good on anyone. CoverGirl also sells other shades of pink in this product, so I suggest you look at all of the colors.
The lipstick has a creamy finish and will keep your lips soft all day. While CoverGirl isn’t my favorite makeup brand ever, they do make really good lipstick and have owned several throughout the years.
My Top Picks Up Front
- Covergirl Continuous Color Lipstick in Rose Quartz
- Urban Decay Vice Hydrating Lipstick in Hollyweird
- Tom Ford Ultra Shine Lip Color in l’Amant
- Maybelline Super Stay Ink Crayon Lipstick in Run the World
- Yves Saint Laurent The Slim Velvet Radical Matte Lipstick in Rose Incitement
- NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencil in Damned
- Pat McGrath Labs LiquiLUST Legendary Wear Matte Lipstick in Divine Rose
- Smashbox Always On Cream to Matte Lipstick in Self Worth It
- NYX Cosmetics Soft Matte Lip Cream in Montreal
- MAC Lustreglass Sheer-Shine Lipstick in Pigment of Your Imagination
- Sephora Collection #LIPSTORIES Lipstick in Pineapple Express
- Gucci Rouge a Levres Satin Lipstick in Three Wise Girls
- Haus Labs Le Monster Lip Crayon in Melon Matte
- L’Oreal Age Perfect Luminous Hydrating Lipstick + Nourishing Serum in Beautiful Rosewood
- IT Cosmetics Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Lip Balm Treatment in Rose
- Lancome L’Absolu Rouge Cream Lipstick in Exotic Orchid
Tips When Choosing a Pink Lipstick
When you buy your next pink lipstick, there are certain factors that will determine whether or not you’ll love this color. Here are some pink lipstick buying considerations to know first.
Consider Your Skin Tone
There are several shades of pink, but some look better on others. For best results, know your skin tone and your undertone. The best thing to remember is bright shades of pink look best on deeper skin tones, medium skin tones look best with warmer pinks, and light skin tones in darker pink.
In addition to your skin tone, pay attention to your undertone. We all have either a cool, warm, or neutral undertone. Choose cool-toned shades of pink for cool undertones, such as hot pink, and choose warm-toned shades of pink for warm undertones, such as fuchsia. If you have neutral undertones, you’re in luck — nearly every shade of pink looks amazing on you!
The lipstick you buy should have an excellent color payoff. The formula should be rich and should provide intense color with one swipe. The color should last all day, or at least last a long time. High-quality lipsticks are also smudge-proof and don’t transfer. Even though the lipstick should be pigmented and long-wearing, it should also feel lightweight and won’t dry out your lips.
Lipsticks also have different finishes. The most popular ones include:
Choose the finish that best suits your preferences.
There are more types of lipstick now than ever. While classic cream lipstick is still popular, liquid lipsticks are also dominating the market. What if you’re not sure which type you want? Weigh out the pros and cons. I think cream lipstick is more versatile. But if you really want a bold color that lasts all day, I suggest choosing a liquid lipstick.
How I Chose These Pink Lipsticks
Since pink is such a versatile color, I wanted to include as many shades of pink as I could in the color spectrum. This includes shades of pink that look great on all undertones and skin colors. I also chose a combination of natural and bold colors. In addition to this, I only suggested pink lipsticks from brands I’ve tried and trust.
The Best Pink Lipsticks
Before shopping for pink lipstick, make sure you look through my recommendations! Here are my favorite pink lipsticks.
I have to admit, I really like the colors Rose Quartz and Smoky Rose. I chose Rose Quartz so I can start this list off with a lighter color, but Smoky Rose is also a lovely color that I recommend.
I have a love/hate relationship with Covergirl, but they make some of the best lip products that don’t break the bank. This particular lipstick is $5 at Walmart and I think Covergirl lipsticks work just as well as the ones you find at high-end stores.
Covergirl has several lipstick options, but I chose the Continuous Color Lipstick because it delivers rich color and applies smoothly. The lipstick also contains vitamins A and E to keep lips hydrated all day.
- Applies smoothly
- Rich color
- Not vegan
- Poor packaging
I know I say this all the time but Urban Decay is one of my favorite brands ever. I love their lipstick so much! I’ve owned several UD lipsticks throughout the years and they’re some of the best I’ve owned. And the Vice Hydrating Lipsticks definitely tops my list. These lipsticks apply so smoothly and feel lightweight. But these lipsticks are so pigmented and last forever!
I also love how UD lipsticks don’t dry out my lips. This one contains hydrating ingredients such as avocado oil and aloe vera so your lips still feel nourished.
Since I’m recommending a UD lipstick, I had to choose a funky shade. Hollyweird is a gorgeous bright pink that looks more punk than Barbie. This particular color has a satin finish, so it’s intense yet falls in the middle of creamy and matte. This lipstick is also available in a matte and shiny finish. I haven’t tried the matte finish but the shine finish is also lovely.
- Several colors and finish options
- Applies smoothly
- Hollyweird is a lovely yet punk bright pink
- Feels lightweight
- Does transfer but still stays on for a long time
- UD has a habit of discontinuing shades
- Some reviewers have complained about the packaging, but I never had an issue
I actually have the Tom Ford Matte Lipstick and I love it. But it’s so hard to find a high-quality lipstick with a shiny finish, which is why I’m recommending this one. At $72, this is probably the priciest lipstick on this list. But if you’re looking for luxury lipstick, I suggest this one.
First, let’s look at the color. l’Amant is a light ash pink, meaning it’s the perfect color if you have cool undertones. It’s a neutral color but the color still pops on all skin colors. The glossy texture feels dreamy and the lipstick also contains polyethylene wax so your lips feel conditioned all day.
As weird as it sounds, I’m a big fan of the packaging that Tom Ford uses for his lipsticks. It’s very sleek and just screams luxury.
- Lips feel glossy and soft
- Natural cool-toned pink that still pops
- Color is pigmented but still has a glossy finish
- Not as shiny as a gloss
- Color isn’t flattering on those with warm undertones
I actually just purchased one of these lipsticks online in the Zodiac collection. I’m so excited to try it! But I wanted to suggest a darker pink, so I chose the shade Run the World. It’s a dark mauve rose that looks like it has more of a warm undertone. They also offer five other shades of pink in this collection if this shade doesn’t suit you.
I’m also excited about this lipstick because it’s so thin that it can easily fit in your pocket or purse. Keep it on you so you always have lipstick for the office. This lipstick has a matte finish and the crayon applicator is easy to use. It also includes a sharpener so your lipstick always stays precise.
- Matte finish
- Several shades of pink
- Run the World is a lovely and unique dark mauve-rose color
- Thin packaging, easy to carry
- Crayon tip is easy to apply
- Sharpener included on the bottom
- Doesn’t dry out your lips
- Lasts a long time
- Comfortable for all-day wear
- Color won’t work for everyone
I love this lipstick in shade rose incitement because I feel this color will look good on anyone. It’s a fair shade of rose that’s still highly pigmented. But what really sells me is the innovative square shape. The square shape ensures you get a more precise lipstick application compared to the rounded lipstick shapes.
YSL lipsticks are also great because they’re long-wearing yet feel lightweight on the lips. This one has a semi-matte finish, perfect if you don’t want matte but don’t want a satin finish.
- Innovative shape is more precise and defines lips
- Slim lipstick — can fit in your purse
- Comfortable lipstick
- The color looks great on everyone
- Transfers, even though it’s long-wearing
- Reviewers actually complain about YSL customer service
The NARS Velvet Matte Lipstick Pencils are a cult favorite and one of my personal favorite products from this brand. I love NARS lip products; I actually almost included their liquid lipstick here but I prefer the color selection for these pencils.
I chose the color Damned because it’s a rich shade of magenta that looks amazing on everyone. I absolutely love these pencils because they’re long-wearing and the color payoff is incredible. They do have a matte finish but the pencil is formulated with vitamin E so your lips still feel soft.
- Lips stay soft
- Pigmented with buildable color
- Doesn’t fade
- Easy to apply
- The pen is kind of small
- NARS isn’t a vegan or cruelty-free brand
- Need to sharpen these pencils with a sharpener — not a twist-up option
Pat McGrath is such an influential makeup artist and I’ve been wanting to try her products for a long time. I knew I wanted to include a liquid lipstick here but had to choose the right one. This liquid lipstick is one of the highest-rated lip products from this brand. It has the perfect matte finish and is extremely pigmented.
For the color, I chose the shade divine rose. It’s a really unique plum-rose color that’s still very soft. It does have ash tones so I would wear this if you’re cool-toned. Pat McGrath does offer other pink shades in this liquid lipstick. Liquid lipsticks tend to dry out my lips, but this one is formulated with a moisture complex infusion so your lips feel soft.
- Creamy and made with a moisture complex infusion
- Pigmented, one swipe is all you need
- Unique color
- Matte liquid lipstick
- Long-wearing and the lipstick doesn’t transfer
- Customers complained about the packaging
As with everything Smashbox, this formula is very innovative. It applies like a cream but stays on like matte lipstick. It’s a non-drying lipstick that is made without parabens. Plus, it’s vegan and Smashbox is a cruelty-free brand!
I chose the shade Self Worth It because it’s a very soft and feminine shade of pink. It’s not one I would grab, but I see this looking amazing on everyone and it’s also a great everyday shade.
- Rich, creamy texture that dries to a matte finish
- The color can work on nearly every skin color and undertone
- Interesting packaging
- Doesn’t smudge or bleed
- Everyday color
- Not the best packaging
- Customers complained the matte finish looks cakey
I know I say this every time, but I have a love/hate relationship with NYX. However, I had to put this lip cream in my shopping cart while writing this list. First, it’s one of NYX’s best-selling lip products. As a lip cream, it applies smoothly yet has a matte finish that lasts all day. The lip cream is highly pigmented and will also keep your lips soft.
I had to choose shade Montreal. It’s a true pink that will look amazing on everyone. That and the city Montreal has a soft spot in my heart — I’m American but spend half the year here. NYX named these colors after amazing world cities. I also added Amsterdam and Berlin to my cart. They were $6 each, why not?
- Creamy texture that dries to a matte finish
- Goes on smoothly
- Montreal is a beautiful shade of pink
- A little goes a long way
- Can’t tell if they’re vegan or not
- Customers complained that shipping took a long time, but I never had this problem with the NYX website
I have several MAC lipsticks and this one has to be one of my favorites. I don’t have this color but I have Glossed and Found (mid-tone red) and Local Celeb (burnt orange).
I love this lipstick because it’s perfect for so many occasions. The color is pigmented but soft. The lipsticks are formulated with olive oil and raspberry seed so they feel nourishing. These lipsticks have a glossy finish, so your lips look and feel amazing. Even with the glossy finish, the lipsticks are pretty long-wearing.
Pigment of Your Imagination is a cool-toned pink and I can see this shade being a favorite for so many people.
- Rich color with a glossy finish
- Pigment of Your Imagination is a lovely color
- MAC gets complaints about changing colors and discontinuing products
- Has a scent
I love this lipstick! I have the shade Capricorn (dark brown) from the limited edition Astrology Collection. The lipstick is a little drying and doesn’t last forever, but these are great cheap lipsticks if you only plan on wearing them occasionally.
The lipstick is very pigmented and goes on very smoothly. The lipsticks come in different finishes — Pineapple Express is a satin finish, but Sephora also offers shades with a matte and even metallic finish. Speaking of which, Pineapple Express is a beautiful hot pink. It’s definitely one to wear during a night out!
- Goes on smoothly
- Satin finish
- Pineapple Express is a beautiful hot pink
- Sephora Collection isn’t vegan or cruelty-free
- The color might be too bright for some
If you want an intense pink lipstick but want another alternative than the hot pink colors, I suggest looking at the Gucci Rouge a Levres Lipstick in the shade Three Wise Girls.
The color is a red-pink color and is one of my favorite shades of lipstick ever. I actually had an Urban Decay lipstick in a similar color but they discontinued it. I can’t tell if the color is more on the cool or warm side. I think if you have warm undertones, the lipstick may look red on you as opposed to pink, or that’s how the color looks on the models with warm undertones.
- Satin finish
- Beautiful gold packaging with exquisite artwork
- Three Wise Girls is a unique shade of pink-red
- Intense color payoff
- Easy to apply
- Customers complained about a fragrance
- Not a good lipstick for those with sensitive skin
Since this is Lady GaGa’s brand, you’re going pretty big when you choose this one. While there are intense colors here, I love the shade Melon. It’s the perfect warm-toned watermelon pink. It’s bright enough to make your lips pop but it’s still a good everyday color. It does look bolder on darker skin tones, though this is a great color for anyone who has warm undertones.
- Easy to apply
- Bright watermelon pink color that looks great on those with warm undertones
- Creamy texture with a demi-matte finish
Beautiful Rosewood is what comes to mind when I think of pink lipstick. It’s not too pale and not too dark. Just that perfect shade of pink that looks natural yet offers a touch of color to your lips. As a hydrating lipstick, this has a glossy-luminous finish. With that being said, this lipstick is formulated with pro-vitamin B5 to moisturize your lips.
One thing I have to give L’Oreal is their packaging is always on point. For being such an affordable brand (this lipstick costs $10), they always have glamorous packaging. I love the white and gold details. Unfortunately, this lipstick does have a strong scent.
- Doesn’t bleed
- Pigmented but not too intense
- Beautiful Rosewood is a natural-looking shade of pink
- Some customers complained about the serum part in the middle, that it interfered with the lipstick application
- Staying power is poor
Sure, this is technically a lip balm and not lipstick. But this is one of the highest-rated lip products on the IT Cosmetics website. As a lip balm, it has a flush of color but the finish is definitely on the shiny side. It’s intended to look natural but doesn’t show up too well on dark skin tones.
On the plus side, it feels very soothing on the lips thanks to hydrating ingredients such as hyaluronic acid.
- Rose is a fair and natural shade of pink
- Color lasts a long time
- Extremely hydrating
- Customers complained the balm felt heavy on their lips
First, I absolutely love this color. It’s a cool-based rose color that has a metallic finish. As the name suggests, these lipsticks have a cream finish. Some reviewers said these lipsticks have a shimmer finish. Keep in mind that some customers complained that the color on the website is off. I Googled this shade and it’s not as vintage-looking as the website conveys.
- Lovely color
- Creamy finish
- Has shimmer, not everyone will appreciate that
Question: Is pink a good everyday lipstick color?
Answer: Yes and no. The shade of pink and the type of lipstick are what matters when choosing an everyday lipstick color. I would choose a more hydrating formula, such as the L’Oreal Serum Lipstick. This ensures your lips don’t dry out but they will still have a pop of color. It’s also best to choose a minimalist shade of pink, such as rose.
Question: What are some other everyday lipstick color recommendations?
Answer: Here are some popular lipstick colors for daily wear:
• Coffee (brown-based nude)
Question: What are the most popular lipstick brands?
Answer: A simple search revealed that these are the most popular lipstick brands:
If you’re looking for the perfect pink lipstick, I suggest the Continuous Color Lipstick by CoverGirl. The versatility is really what sells me the most.
The color Rose Quartz is the perfect light pink that looks amazing on everyone. They also have other pink options — I especially love Smoky Rose. No matter which color you choose, this lipstick only delivers rich color. The creamy formula also feels amazing on the lips and the lipstick applies smoothly.
Plus, the formula is so moisturizing. Since CoverGirl is a major brand, you can find this lipstick anywhere. I found it on the Walmart website but I’m sure they also sell this lipstick at your local pharmacy.