- Best Color Changing Foundation Guide: My 7 All-Time Favorites - September 19, 2022
- L’Oreal True Match Concealer Review: Is It Worth The Hype? - September 10, 2022
- How to Find the Best Blurring Primer: Top 7 Choices to Consider - August 31, 2022
Bronzer brushes have been created for a very good reason. I know that for some of you this may sound like a marketing scheme, but believe me when I say that to achieve a perfect sun-kissed glow, you need this type of brush.
The way these beauty tools are made will help you obtain a flawless tanned look because they blend the formula properly on your skin. Stick around to find out how you can opt for the ideal bronzer brush and discover some of the best options available on the market.
How to Find the Best Bronzer Brush – Brief Buying Guide
Here are some things you should keep in mind before purchasing the best bronzer brush you can afford.
The Best Bronzer Brush – How to Choose One
Here are the most important features that you should consider:
- Blending power – choose a brush that enables seamless blending. Most of the time, bad formulas lead to faulty blending. However, there are situations in which the bronzer brush is to blame for this issue. So, pick a brush that has a strong holding power;
- The shape of the brush – there are flat, round, and angular brushes. Each shape serves different purposes. For instance, kabuki brushes with round shapes are the best choice for covering larger areas. Flat brushes are used to conceal smaller yet problematic areas, whereas angular brushes will provide a well-defined and enhanced look. Angular brushes are also great for contouring;
- The material of the bristles – based on the type of bronzer formula you wish to use, you can either opt for a brush with natural bristles or choose one that has synthetic bristles. Powder bronzers go hand-in-hand with natural bristles, while liquid or cream bronzers work well with synthetic bristles;
- Non-shedding bronzer brush – bronzer brushes should be durable and not shed when you’re using them. However, slight shedding is normal. To be on the safe side, make sure to buy a high-quality brush that will last you a long time.
The Best Bronzer Brush – How to Use One
The way you should use a bronzer brush varies based on the type of formula you choose to use:
- With pressed powder – in this case, it is best to swirl the bronzer brush on the powder in a gentle manner. Then, you must dust it off to get rid of the excess. After that, it’s time to glide the brush across those areas where you want to achieve a natural tanning shine and start blending the product until you obtain your desired results;
- With cream or liquid formula – use your palm or a makeup disc to dispense a small amount of bronzer (about the size of a pearl). Dot those areas that you want the bronzer to be on using your synthetic brush and, finally, blend the product to achieve your desired glow.
The Best Bronzer Brushes on the Market – Top 6 Choices
Now that we’ve discussed the things you must know when choosing a bronzer brush, it’s time to present you with some of the best and most popular options available on the market. I have carefully picked them based on customer reviews, popularity, materials, and durability.
Powder and Bronzer Brush from Real Techniques
This bronzer brush is super luxurious and made of premium materials. The Real Techniques bronzer brush features a large head covered in feather-soft bristles. Your skin will receive a luxurious treatment and you will be able to achieve full coverage.
It glides smoothly on your skin without creating any issues such as irritation. Besides applying bronzers, you can also use this brush to apply blush or translucent powder. I personally love the handle of this brush, which is a metallic copper one.
- This is a cruelty-free product;
- Offers you a sheer and wide coverage;
- It boosts your complexion by giving it a mattified finish;
- It is said to provide you with a high-definition appearance.
- Some say that the handle of this bronzer brush is a tad fragile and must be handled with care.
Makeup Brush Set from Matto Bamboo
This kabuki brush set made by Matto Bamboo will enable you to blend the bronzer on your skin like a true professional. If you tend to switch from liquid bronzer to pressed powders on a regular basis, these two brushes are the thing you need.
The flat makeup brush is good for cream or liquid bronzers, whereas the round brush will offer you a flawless finish if you use powdered formulas.
- It is a low-maintenance bronzer brush that’s easy to clean and very easy to use;
- These compact brushes are travel-friendly;
- They’re made of high-quality raw materials;
- These products are both cruelty-free and chemical-free;
- The bristles are soft and silky to the touch;
- These two brushes are durable and designed by makeup artists.
- Some of the bristles may fall off over time.
Retractable Face Brush from EcoTools
This is the ideal choice for all of you who lead a vegan lifestyle. This EcoTools kabuki brush is manufactured of a recycled mix of fabrics: aluminum, plastic, cotton, and bamboo fibres. If you love makeup, but you’re also earth-conscious, this bronzer brush should be your ideal choice.
You can apply both bronzers and powders with it and its bristles are synthetic, soft, and dense. It’s a compact brush that has a lid so that you can easily use it when you’re on the go.
- This brush is a cruelty-free product;
- It is very easy to use and has a compact size;
- The brush has very soft bristles and is a high-quality makeup product;
- It’s best suited for liquid bronzers;
- It’s the ideal choice for those who care about the environment and want to protect it.
- It’s not a suitable option for pressed powdered bronzers.
Flawless Face Brush from e.l.f.
The things that make this brush flawless are its synthetic bristles, which are super soft, as well as its powerful holding capacity. This e.l.f. bronzer brush delivers full, yet natural coverage. The top is slightly pointed in order to allow the user to contour the face.
With this bronzer brush, you will achieve a well-defined sun-kissed glow. And, all these benefits can be obtained in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
- This brush is both vegan and cruelty-free;
- You will gain an even and smooth coverage;
- The design of this brush is ergonomic; hence, it’s very easy to use;
- It’s made of safe materials and free from parabens, triclosan, and other potentially harmful substances;
- You can use it to apply a wide range of bronzers, from liquid to powders, and even blushes.
- You will have to clean it frequently;
- It may not be the ideal choice for pressed powder bronzers.
Clothobeauty Kabuki Makeup Brush
This Clothobeauty makeup tool is the ultimate kabuki brush with a gigantic head full of soft bristles that will cover even the largest areas. You will be able to blend your bronzer easily and quickly, like a pro. It’s a well-structured brush with a sturdy handle made from a combination of wood and copper.
The brush’s main purpose is to be used with cream or liquid bronzers since the bristles are synthetic. However, they are so soft that they almost feel like feathers when they go across your skin.
- It will help you blend the bronzer evenly and quickly;
- You will achieve a smooth finish in only a couple of seconds;
- This brush is extra-large and is made of premium fabrics;
- The final result will be flawless coverage and an enhanced complexion.
- Compared to other similar brushes, this one is pretty expensive;
- Its bristles may shed over time.
Mypreface Bronzer Brush
If you want your fake tan to appear boosted and professional, you should definitely try this angular bronzer brush marketed by Mypreface. It is created to offer high definition and the result will be a flawless finish. The bristles are soft and non-porous so they will take just the right amount of bronzer that will make your skin looking amazing.
Unlike other brushes, this one doesn’t pull when you’re gliding it across your skin. It’s also a very good choice for highlighting and contouring purposes. The brush looks so cute with its wooden blue handle and rose-gold metallic neck.
- It’s a very sturdy brush that will last for a long time;
- It’s a cruelty-free makeup tool;
- The synthetic fibres are very soft;
- It’s very easy to clean and handle;
- The entire product is made of premium materials;
- You won’t get frustrated with this brush because, according to many users, its bristles don’t shed;
- The wood that’s included in the handle comes from sustainable sources and is very lightweight.
- Even though most users are happy with this brush, you should expect some of the bristles to come off after a while;
- At first, the brush has a slight synthetic smell, but that fades with time.
Question: What Are Bronzer Brushes?
Answer: Bronzer brushes are also known as kabuki brushes and you can find them in a wide range of sizes. Most of these brushes feature dense bristles that enable seamless blending. Sometimes, people use stippling brushes instead of bronzer brushes because they feel more comfortable with that choice.
Some bronzer brushes have synthetic bristles that make them more suitable to blend tanning formulas, such as liquid bronzers and cream lotions. Other bronzer brushes have natural bristles.
These are better suited for pressed powder bronzers. Natural bristles tend to absorb too much of the liquid product; that’s why, if you prefer a creamy bronzer, you should opt for a brush with synthetic bristles.
Question: What Type of Brush Should You Use to Apply Bronzer?
Answer: The best type of brush to apply bronzer is a kabuki brush. It will help you achieve a seamless and natural finish when blending the formula on your skin.
Question: Could You Use Bronzer Brushes to Apply Blush?
Answer: Yes, you could definitely use a bronzer brush for blush but make sure to pick a round one. Round-shaped brushes are the best choice out of all the bronzer brushes to apply a little blush on your cheeks.
Question: Could You Use Bronzer Brushes to Apply Foundation?
If you’re looking for contouring, the best bronzer brush for foundation is an angular one. Both round and flat brushes are good for standard foundation application.
Question: Which Type of Brush Is Best Suited for Bronzer?
Answer: There are many good choices on the market, but the ideal ones are kabuki brushes. They are suited for bronzer application, but you will also have to choose between several different kabuki brush types. These brushes differ based on the type of bronzer you want to use: liquid, cream, or pressed powder.
How to Find the Best Bronzer Brush – Final Thoughts
Let’s be honest and admit that having a sun-kissed skin glow is a goal many of us aim to achieve. Some even want that look in the winter. A good bronzer brush can help you get that desired look. You can use a bronzer brush to get a more natural look. Or, perhaps, you’re looking for a sharp contour of your face. Either way, you must pick the right kind of brush that suits your needs.
My personal pick would be the Matto Bamboo set that contains two lovely and high-quality brushes, but other alternatives such as the EcoTools retractable brush are great as well.