- How to Find the Best Korean Foundation For Your Skin - September 25, 2023
- L’Oreal True Match Concealer Review: Is It Worth The Hype? - September 16, 2023
- How to Find the Best Blurring Primer: Top 7 Choices to Consider - September 7, 2023
Many people overlook brown mascara although I believe it is a great alternative to black mascara. Have you ever bought brown mascara on purpose? Some of my friends told me they only purchased this product when they couldn’t find the black option or due to a promotional offer.
After today’s article, I hope you will give brown mascara a try and even start wearing it on a daily basis. Unlike black mascara, the brown choice offers your lashes a subtle yet effective lift. Most people seem to believe that this type of eye product should only be used by individuals who have pale skin and blonde or red hair. That’s not true! Everyone can wear it!
Top Brown Mascara Ideas and Picks: Our Top 10
Here are some of the best brown mascara picks I’ve chosen to include in today’s article due to their consumer reviews and long-lasting results. They are listed in no particular order.
1. Voluminous Lash Paradise by L’Oreal
This L’Oreal brown mascara is great if you want a product that offers a lot of length and volume to your lashes. It isn’t waterproof but it is long-lasting. The name of the color is 202 Black Brown. Once applied, this beauty product will last the entire day without smudging or clumping.
Your lashes will become feathery soft after applying this product and the formula is an innovative one that will help you create an amazing eye makeup look. Combine it with brown eyeliner that will make your eyes pop.
- It is a great mascara because it lengthens your lashes and boosts volume;
- It will last a whole day without flaking;
- The brush features soft and wavy bristles that make this mascara easy to apply;
- One single coat is enough to achieve voluptuous lashes.
- It isn’t waterproof;
- It isn’t a cruelty-free makeup product;
- Those with sensitive eyes might not like this mascara because it could lead to redness or itchiness.
2. Great Lash Mascara by Maybelline
This washable brown mascara marketed by Maybelline is both a hypoallergenic and lengthening formula. It isn’t waterproof but it lasts for a long time. Maybelline’s Great Lash mascara is very affordable. The company also sells a waterproof version, too.
The formula is great and it’s easy to apply because it just glides smoothly on your lashes. At the end of the day, you can simply wash it off to remove it. This makeup product is an award-winning one.
- Your lashes will become curly and long with this brown mascara;
- It’s an affordable makeup product;
- The wand is easy to use;
- This Maybelline mascara doesn’t flake;
- It’s great if you want to achieve a subtle yet noticeable look.
- It could be too subtle for some people;
- A few users have complained about the fact that this mascara smears under the eyes after a while.
3. Lash Blast Volume Mascara by CoverGirl
This CoverGirl waterproof mascara is a cruelty-free makeup product and gives you volume and length so that your eyes can steal the show everywhere you go. The color’s name is 835 Black Brown. It’s a very affordable mascara that will remain intact on your lashes even when you’re going to the beach or during workout sessions.
It’s an amazing beauty product that won’t smudge even when you’re wearing it all day or all night long.
- It’s a waterproof mascara that makes your lashes look curly, long, and full of volume;
- It offers great value for the money;
- This mascara comes with a more than decent brush and one layer is enough because once applied, it stays on.
- Some say that they expected this mascara to lengthen their lashes more than it did.
4. Lancome Hypnose Volume Mascara
This Lancome brown mascara is a buildable product so you can safely apply more than one layer of it. According to the manufacturer, this product can boost the volume of your lashes up to six times. It contains many great ingredients such as vitamin B.
It isn’t resistant to water but it does a great job at making your lashes seem thicker. This occurs due to the product’s specialized brush that coats each lash to the fullest. If you want to achieve a volumized and dramatic look, then this brown mascara should do the trick.
- It separates your lashes and boosts their volume;
- It’s a great choice if you want to create Smokey eye makeup;
- You will have no trouble in applying or removing this mascara;
- Your lashes will look full because this product gives them depth.
- Some might like a mascara that has a curved brush more than one with a straight brush;
- After several hours of wearing it, this mascara could clump or smear.
5. They’re Real! Mascara by Benefit Cosmetics
I simply love this mascara shade that’s called Beyond Brown. This brown mascara from Benefit Cosmetics is a great choice, especially when it comes to lengthening your lashes. According to users, if you apply three different layers of this mascara, your eyes will look amazing, just like they would with false lashes.
The outcome is excellent and, at the same time, applying this brown mascara is much easier than dealing with false lashes. Besides length, your lashes will also achieve greater volume and curl; not to mention that the product will not flake or smudge.
- This brown mascara boosts the volume of your lashes and makes them look a lot longer;
- It is a cruelty-free beauty product which means it’s not tested on animals;
- You won’t have to deal with issues such as flaking or clumping;
- It does an amazing job of separating each of your lashes.
- It isn’t a waterproof mascara;
- One user said this mascara didn’t provide the expected volume, while another complained about the fact that this mascara flaked after wearing it for several hours.
6. Diorshow Mascara by Dior
The 698 Pro Brown Diorshow mascara offers length and volume but it isn’t a waterproof product. On the bright side, it’s a cruelty-free makeup product. With this mascara, your lashes will become curly and your eyes will look like you’ve just had a lash extension. The brush is large enough to cover your lashes and coat them smoothly.
The hue is a lovely warm brown that sits well and looks good on everybody, regardless of their eye color. It is a buildable formula which means you can add multiple layers without worrying that your lashes will look spidery.
- Someone said that this mascara makes your lashes look fabulous and ready to be posted on Instagram for everybody to see and admire;
- No animals were tested when this product was created;
- It’s high-quality mascara marketed by a premium and reputable brand.
- It’s not a waterproof mascara;
- One user said this is expensive mascara and that there are other alternatives worth considering.
7. Lash Power Mascara by Clinique
This Clinique mascara features an adorable dark chocolate color. Its main perk is the volume it provides to your lashes. It seems that the Lash Power mascara stays intact on your lashes for up to 24 hours without fading or smudging. This product offers you a fresh appearance even through tears, sweat, or humidity.
The wand is slim and easy to use. Due to the brush’s shape, you can easily apply mascara on your lower lashes as well. It’s washable mascara which means you can take it off with warm water and gently rub it off using your fingertips.
- It’s a long-wearing formula that’s well-known for its lengthening power;
- The formula is based on something that’s called thermal sensitive technology which is highly innovative and helps the product remain intact on your lashes for an entire day;
- Although it’s long-lasting mascara, this beauty product is also easy to remove.
- Some say it’s a bit hard to remove, contrary to what the company advertises;
- A few others found it a bit thick, saying it doesn’t have good coverage.
8. The Full 360 Mascara by No. 7
The No. 7 beauty product brand has launched the Full 360 brown mascara that offers your lashes both curl and volume. It comes in two colors: black and brown, but there are various available shades. It lasts a long time but it’s not waterproof.
This mascara is the ideal option for those of you who want their lashes to look beautiful but also become more fortified and healthy. The Full 360 mascara has nourishing effects due to its content of Shea butter and vitamin E. The more you wear it, the more conditioned your lashes will become.
- It offers plenty of curl and volume;
- It contains useful ingredients that nourish your lashes;
- Your lashes will become lush and panoramic;
- This product is easy to apply and it won’t smudge;
- It’s a buildable product and you can easily apply up to three layers of mascara.
- I wasn’t able to find any negative reviews concerning this product.
9. Expressionist Pro Mascara by W3LL People
The W3LL People brown mascara is an amazing product due to its organic ingredients such as beeswax, sunflower seed oil, and carnauba wax. It moisturizes your lashes while also lengthening them. This cruelty-free makeup product will last a long time despite the fact that it’s not waterproof.
It’s a great choice for people who have sensitive eyes. The brush features a high-tech design that has a unique cascade shape and injection-molded rubber. With it, you will be able to separate your lashes with high precision.
- It contains plenty of amazing ingredients, all-natural and organic;
- It’s a hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic beauty product;
- This mascara is great for sensitive eyes and it has no fragrance, whatsoever;
- It’s a cruelty-free product.
- It’s not a waterproof product;
- One user said this mascara eventually clumped and smudged around her eyes;
- Another buyer said it’s a bit pricey for the value it offers.
10. Liquid Mascara by Thrive Causemetics
This liquid brown mascara from Thrive Causmetics is known for its key ingredient: the complex of orchid stem cells that became the brand’s trademark. It provides both moisture and length and it’s a cruelty-free makeup product that you will simply love from the very start.
It’s a unique tubing type of mascara that coats your lashes and it is very resistant while also being easy to remove. All you have to do is wash it off. So, if you want to try flake-free mascara for all-day wear, you should give this product a try.
- It’s an award-winning beauty product that will make your lashes look long and full;
- It’s a product that doesn’t contain harmful or chemical ingredients like parabens and sulfates;
- This mascara doesn’t have a synthetic fragrance and it’s suitable for sensitive eyes as well;
- It’s a premium product manufactured in the USA.
- It’s a bit on the pricey side;
- One reviewer said this mascara tends to be a little sticky.
Question: What Should You Consider When Buying Brown Mascara?
Answer: Here are the most important things to keep in mind when purchasing mascara:
• Choose one that’s easy to apply;
• Opt for a product that will stay on your lashes for many hours at a time; so, long-lasting mascara is best;
• At the same time, you should also pick a mascara that’s easy to remove without the need to scrub your eyes;
• Good mascara should have a proper texture and be fluid but it should also moisturize your lashes and dry quickly;
• Lengthening mascara that doesn’t clump is the ideal option;
• Search for reviews and choose mascara that’s marketed by popular or reputable brands.
Question: Who Is Brown Mascara Good for?
Answer: First and foremost, brown mascara was specially created for those who have red or blonde hair but it can be used by anybody. Brown mascara should be your go-to choice if you want to achieve a more natural appearance. It boosts your lashes without the well-known dramatic outcome that black mascara offers.
So, it’s another way to wear makeup without really showing it. It’s taking care of yourself and the way you look in an effortless manner.
To define your lashes properly with brown mascara, you should purchase a buildable variety that lets you apply multiple layers. Use it on your bottom lashes as well for a full-eye makeup look.
Question: How Should You Apply Mascara for Optimal Volume?
Answer: To achieve the maximum volume possible when using mascara, you should apply it at the base part of your lashes first. Then, sweep the wand from your lashes’ roots all the way up to their tips in order to lengthen and define them as much as possible.
Top Brown Mascara Ideas and Picks – Bottom Line
If you want more natural looks when you’re wearing makeup, you should definitely consider brown mascara instead of black. There are countless options on the market and many of them are great alternatives.
If I were you, I would certainly opt for a good mascara that lasts plenty of time on my lashes but is also easy to remove. I have sensitive eyes so my favorite options from the list above are L’Oreal’s Voluminous Lash mascara and W3LL People’s Expressionist mascara.