- How to Do a Latte Makeup Look with Ashley [Tutorial] - February 12, 2024
- Viral Lip Balms Are Having a Moment: Are These Lip Balms Worth the Hype? - December 16, 2023
- Time-Saving Makeup Tips for Busy Mornings - December 15, 2023
3 Steps to Creating Your Home Spa Day on a Budget
Have you ever just needed a moment to reset but didn’t have the financial means to go to a 5-star hotel and indulge in their spa?
Well, there is no need to fret because I have taken the liberty of finding the best and essential products and tools you can purchase to have an at-home spa day at any given time while saving some serious cash. Here’s my list of what you need to curate the perfect in-home spa experience. These are products anyone can afford!
Step One: Gather Up the DIY Spa on a Budget Must Haves
- Facial Steamer
- Scented candles
- LED Light Facial Mask Device
- Cozy robe, socks, and slippers
- Face, hand, and foot sheet masks
- Scented body oil (Dry oil is best)
- Towel Warmer
- Towel Steamer
- Facial Roller/Gua Sha
- Body Scrub
- Bath Salt Soak
Step Two: Set the Mood for a Full Spa Experience
Now while it may take a little time and extra disposable income to accumulate all of these items, it will be completely worth it in the end. You will only need to step foot in a spa for the ambiance and the experience, should you please.
Before you start, I recommend blocking some serious relaxing time. Block off your calendar, pick a day where you can spend a few blissfull hours without interruptions. Moms, I know this step is really hard, but there are times when we need to make ourselves a priority.
The great thing about creating a spa experience day at home is that you don’t have to spend the entire time away from the spa. You can do this! Personally, I love creating a luxe and pampering vibe in the comfort and privacy of my own home.
Of course nothing beats a great massage, but to make your experience better, don’t forget to grab your fave prosecco or wine, your fave light snacks, and a good show or your fave relaxing music playlist. Light the scented candles and if you love a bath, now is the time to use those bath salts.
Also, be sure to take this time to love on your skin by incorporating your favorite facial masks or treatments as well.
If you want to spend some serious time getting your glow on, now would also be a great time to invest in some skin care treatments and serums; we have an entire guide to help you choose the best skin treatments based on your skin type here!
Step Three: Live the Spa Day Experience
Enjoy the spa treatments of your choice. Here are some that I absolutely love to do at home:
- Dry Brushing Ritual: Before you get into the bath, I love to do a dry brush of my entire body. This helps eliminate the dead skin cells before we add some moisture back into the skin and it’s really easy to do at home.
- Face Mask: There are tons of great at home face masks to try and it’s a really easy way to give yourself a quick facial. When you’re done, I recommend using a facial roller and really giving your skin some love.
- Don’t forget your feet and hands: Our feet and hands need some love. I love using feet and hand masks. When you are done, you can use a hand cream and moisturizer to lock in that softness. We have some great hand cream recommendations here!
- For the bath, you can use a great bath bomb, or just use epsom salt – that’s a DIY budget expert tip! You can find epsom salt just about anywhere, and it’s a lot cheaper than bath bombs, or bath salts that often have added fragrances and ingredients that might irritate the skin. Epsom salt baths are my favorite and you will feel the same tingles and sore muscle ease of any high-end spa treatments. If you don’t time for a long soak in the bath, get a bowl and just soak your feet.
- Don’t forget the body scrub. I love a brown sugar scrub; it’s great for my dry skin. If you are looking to save, you can always make your own with some brown sugar and coconut oil as well.
Final Step: Make it Spa Party!
If you’re struggling to find time to really pamper yourself at home and want the full spa treatment experience, why not make it a spa party? Invite some friends over and give each other a facial.
Host a spa night with some friends, and have everyone bring one thing, either a pack of facial masks, or some hair masks and share! That’s another great way to share expenses and to get the most out of your DIY spa day on a budget!
I hope you enjoyed these tips! With just a little planning, some scented candles and the tips I’ve given here, you are on your way to feeling more indulgent, cared for and relaxed in no time (and on a budget).